The Heartwood Gathering is cancelled for 2021.
We are planning to be back once large gatherings are allowed.
Join us for a weekend to explore the diverse relationships that humans have with plants. Whether you have an interest in herbal medicine, stewardship, foraging, gardening, craftsmanship, spiritual connection or simply the enjoyment of observing a wildflower; this gathering is for you!
Join us for a weekend of connection, learning, and fun!
- A weekend full of plant walks, discussions, lectures and hands-on workshops; something for every learning level and every mood.
- Only an hour and a half from Toronto in the beautiful Ganaraska Forest
- A delicious vegetarian menu catered by Ina and her crew
- Premium hot and cold herbal teas, coffee, and munchies available at the Tea Salon
- Friday Night Mid-Summer Fair–a night of carnival-esque delights
- Wild Foods and Herbal Elixirs Tasting Contest! Bring your sweet and savoury herbal munchies and drinks to share and compete for prizes
- Saturday Night Feverfew–a boogie down, mingle-licious good time
- Morning Yoga and other activites to start your days
Have something to teach at Heartwood? Email email@example.com for more details
The 6th Annual Heartwood Gathering will be held July 17th-19th, 2020 at the Ganaraska Forest Centre: a bright, clean outdoor education center situated within 12,000 acres of forest in Southern Ontario. Indoor accommodations are available as well as the option to camp on site.
Last Year’s (2019) Keynote Speaker- Beverley Gray
Beverley is a herbalist, aromatherapist, natural-health practitioner, healer, yoga teacher, natural food cook and enthusiast, journalist, and an award-winning natural health-product formulator. She owns the Aroma Borealis Herb Shop in Whitehorse, Yukon. Beverley loves to share her passion for wild medicinal and food plants through herb walks, talks and medicine making. www.aromaborealis.com www.borealherbal.com
Beverley Gray is the author of the national bestselling and international award winning book, The Boreal Herbal: Wild Food and Medicine Plants of the North.(2011)
She is also the author of, A Field Guide to Medicinal Wild Plants of Canada published by Harbour Publishing (2013).