Join us for a weekend to explore the diverse relationships that humans have with plants. Whether you have an interest in herbal medicine, stewardship, foraging, gardening, craftsmanship, spiritual connection or simply the enjoyment of observing a wildflower; this gathering is for you!
This Years Theme is:
“Resiliency through Compassionate Action”
Healers, gardeners and community activists have much in common. They all work in relationship with others to bring healing, justice, and abundance into the world. At this time of pivotal world change, how can groups of different backgrounds come together to cross-pollinate ideas and strategies for the growth of social justice and environmental movements? How can we as individuals bring our gifts to our communities (human and non-human) and be of service to each other in the challenging times ahead?
Join us for a weekend of connection, learning, and fun!
- A weekend full of plant walks, discussions, lectures and hands-on workshops; something for every learning level and every mood.
- Only an hour and a half from Toronto in the beautiful Ganaraska Forest
- A delicious vegetarian menu catered by Ina and her crew
- Premium hot and cold herbal teas, coffee, and munchies available at the Tea Salon
- Friday Night Mid-Summer Fair–a night of carnival-esque delights
- Wild Foods and Herbal Elixirs Tasting Contest! Bring your sweet and savoury herbal munchies and drinks to share and compete for prizes
- Saturday Night Feverfew–a boogie down, mingle-licious good time
- Friday night opening ceremonies and keynote speaker Emily Ruff
- Morning Yoga to start your days
Have something to teach at Heartwood? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
The 3rd Annual Heartwood Gathering will be held at the Ganaraska Forest Center: a bright, clean outdoor education center situated within 12,000 acres of forest in Southern Ontario. Indoor accommodations are available as well as the option to camp on site.