Join us for a weekend to explore the diverse relationships that humans have with plants. Whether you have an interest in herbal medicine, stewardship, foraging, gardening, craftsmanship, spiritual connection or simply the enjoyment of observing a wildflower; this gathering is for you!
Join us for a weekend of connection, learning, and fun!
- A weekend full of plant walks, discussions, lectures and hands-on workshops; something for every learning level and every mood.
- Only an hour and a half from Toronto in the beautiful Ganaraska Forest
- A delicious vegetarian menu catered by Ina and her crew
- Premium hot and cold herbal teas, coffee, and munchies available at the Tea Salon
- Friday Night Mid-Summer Fair–a night of carnival-esque delights
- Wild Foods and Herbal Elixirs Tasting Contest! Bring your sweet and savoury herbal munchies and drinks to share and compete for prizes
- Saturday Night Feverfew–a boogie down, mingle-licious good time
- Morning Yoga and other activites to start your days
Have something to teach at Heartwood? Email email@example.com for more details
The 5th Annual Heartwood Gathering will be held July 19th-21st, 2019 at the Ganaraska Forest Center: a bright, clean outdoor education center situated within 12,000 acres of forest in Southern Ontario. Indoor accommodations are available as well as the option to camp on site.
2019 Keynote Speaker- Will be announced soon! Stay tuned!
2018 Keynote Speaker – Jan Kahehti:io Longboat
We were honoured to listen to bask in the presence of Jan Kahehti:io Longboat, the Keynote Speaker at the 2018 Heartwood Gathering. An inspirational and wise soul, Jan’s talk touched the hearts of all who were there.
Jan Kahehti:io Longboat, Turtle Clan of the Mohawk Nation, is an Elder, educator, writer, herbalist, cultural advocate, and visionary, having dedicated her life to the dissemination and learning of Indigenous language and culture.